Sometimes even a favorite project needs a makeover. I made these Terra Cotta Pumpkins when I was first married. I've used them for years (the fine cracks on the tiniest lid prove it), but this year, I decided to do a little updating. What do you think?
They started out looking like this. I like them, but the leaves and things seem a little out-of-date.
Remove the leaves, add a few ribbons, and here they are now:
Which do you like better?
Want to make your own?
- Prime and then paint the pots and lids with your favorite orange craft paint.
- Add stripes using a sponge and yellow or light orange craft paint. (Don't overfill the sponge, and dap lightly.)
- Add faces with craft paint, fabric and a black sharpie or paint pen. (You don't have to do the details with paint. The markers work just fine.) (Round stencils are helpful for the eyes and cheeks.)
- Add fine details to the stripes and cheeks with a fine-point permanent felt-tip marker.
- Create the stems with wooden spools or other wooden shapes. (Paint them green or just leave them the color of the wood.)
- Add ribbons, leaves, buttons, etc to your heart's content!
I'd love to see your version of this project!
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to stick around and check out some of my other projects. Click on the images below to visit the posts.
Sew-Licious on Facebook
So lovely! You are invited to post your project at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase. Just follow the link then grab the button to participate each week!
So cute! I just love their cute faces!
Carmella Calhoun on Facebook
Love everything I am seeing here! newest like! ~ Creative Carmella
Steph @ Crafting in the Rain
Cute--love the ribbons on them :)
Thank you for your submission! : )
Very cute little pots!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.
OMG - Those are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Hope to see you back next week!
Love, love, love this fun craft. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Wishing you a beautiful weekend xo
they look so cute :)
Jessi @ Practically Functional
Too cute, what a great idea!
Thanks for linking this up to The Fun In Functional!
Roxana GreenGirl on Facebook
Greetings from A little bit of everything Nice "seeing" you at online BlogCon. Looking forward to your posts.
Trish - Mom On Timeout
These are just ridiculously cute Heidi! Pinning! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout! Hope to see you back this week! - Trish
What a cute idea! I'm going to have to make some of these for my house. Thanks for sharing :)
Susie at Earning-My-Cape
Hi! Congratulations! You won the Most Clicked On feature at my Super Link Party! Come on by, check it out, and grab your feature button! :-)
Christina at I Gotta Create!
You are a STAR! Featuring you today. These are so doggone cute. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina
I love this project. I am pinning this and am also your newest follower! Cheers.
I like both, but the original are my favorite. Thanks
Thanks, Deb. I'm glad to hear that the originals are looked nice. Especially since they looked like that for about 15 years!