Want some fun classroom door decorations for Halloween? This monstrously fun door is transformed into Sully from Monsters, Inc. Today I'm sharing printables so that you can make it, too!
Monsters, Inc. Halloween Classroom Door Decorations
- 9 ft sky blue butcher paper
- giant black sharpie marker
- 4 ft black butcher paper
- 6 pieces white paper or card stock
- 1 piece purple paper or cardstock
- Printables (link below)
The printable includes the horn, a hand, an eyeball, and the nose. If you are comfortable drawing the face, you can make this project.
This design is made for a classroom door that is 8 feet tall and about 3 feet wide. Sully's head is 4 ft tall and 29 inches across at the widest point. The narrow top of his head is 21 inches, and the lower part is 27 inches. The body is 52 inches tall.
- Draw Sully's head on the top half of your blue butcher paper using the guide above. The rest of the paper can be used for the shoulders/body and the hands.
- Print the eye/nose, eyebrows, and horns on white card stock or paper. (Print the eye twice, and discard the extra nose.)
- Print both hand files on regular paper and tape them together to make one hand. Tape it to a window with a lot of light behind it. Tape a piece of blue butcher paper over the hand, and trace the hand. Flip the hand paper over, retape it to the window and trace it again onto another piece of blue paper.
- Use the rest of the blue paper to create Sully's shoulders.
- Cut out all the pieces and use the sharpie to draw outlines and trace all inside lines.
- Hand draw the smile. Add teeth if you want.
- Add fingernails to Sully's hands. (I cut out the nails and taped white paper on the back to show through the holes.)
- Assemble Sully on the door and add a few purple spots to his shoulders.
- All done!
Have fun decorating! While you're here, check out some of my other ideas for Halloween and classroom door decorating. (Images below are linked.)