My girls were over the moon yesterday about their unique hairstyles. We were experimenting with some Halloween hair and came up with two simple styles perfect for Halloween or Crazy Hair Day. Today I’m sharing the octopus, but you’ll have to wait until my next post for the spiders!
This style is incredibly easy. If you can work a glue bottle, and you know how to do a simple braid or bun, you’ve got this!
Crazy Hair Day Idea: Octopus
- 8 pipe cleaners (we chose blue, but purple or pink would be cute, too)
- 1 giant puff ball (same color as the pipe cleaners)
- 2 large googly eyes
- 1 bobby pin
- craft glue
- pencil or pen
- Using craft glue, attach the bobby pin to the back of the pom pom (there really is no back–just pick the ugliest side!)
- Glue googly eyes to the front
- Wind pipe cleaners (one at a time) around a pencil or pen to make the spiral shape
- Put your child’s hair in a bun. (If you are not very good at buns, like me, try this: Put the hair in a ponytail and braid the ponytail. Now twist the pony tail around the top hair tie and bobby pin it in place.)
- Allow all glue to dry before adding anything to the hair!
- Straighten the first inch to inch-and-a-half of each pipe cleaner and poke it carefully into the side of the bun. (4 legs per side.)
- Attach the head into the middle of the bun with the bobby pin.
- You’re done! Prepare for lots of smiles from your kiddo!
What do you think? Would you use this for crazy hair day or Halloween? Both?
The “Henry the Octopus” song from the Wiggles has been running through my head since last night. Anyone else’s kids grow up on the Wiggles? I hated them at first, but I eventually fell in love.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you’ll stick around and browse a bit. Images below are linked: