I'm so glad you stopped by today. Not only do I have a great idea for you, but I also have a fun giveaway, soeep reading! When we saw this adorable Silly Spider Halloween Hair on Simple as That Blog, we knew we had to try it out! Of course, we had to add our own spin. Not one spider, but two. Not black, but fun green! What do you think of our Spider Halloween Hair?
There's nothing like planning a craft project and then finding that your kids have already used up everything you need! I was planning on black spiders, but I'm quite happy with these cheerful green ones! (Thanks, kids for using up all the black!)
Boo has very short hair, so in order to dress up her hair, we had to get creative. There is no way her hair would fit into a bun, so we improvised. If your kiddo has short hair, but it's long enough for pigtails, she can do this, too.
Put the hair in pigtails. Divide each pigtail into four sections, and braid each section. Twist each section around the top hair tie, and bobby pin in place. Repeat with the other side. Voila--a bun for a short-haired kiddo!
- 6 pipe cleaners
- 2 giant puff balls (same color as the pipe cleaners)
- 4 medium googly eyes
- 2 bobby pins (short bobby pins for short hair, or regular-sized bobby pins for longer hair)
- craft glue
- Using craft glue, attach a bobby pin to the back of each pom pom
- Glue googly eyes to the front of each pom pom
- Cut each pipe cleaner into thirds. You need eight pieces for each spider, so you will have two extra.
- Put your child's hair into two buns. (If the hair is short, follow the instructions just above the materials picture.)
- Allow all glue to dry before adding anything to the hair!
- Bend each pipe cleaner into a "v", and then bend up one end to form a foot.
- Poke the "legs" one at a time into the sides of each bun. (Four legs on each side of each bun.)
- Attach the head into the middle of each bun with the bobby pins.
- You're done!
Now, we just have to wait for Halloween or Crazy Hair Day! My poor kids just love having me test things out on them a month before they'll actually get to use it!
In case you missed it, check out our Octopus Hair! (Image below is linked.) I can't decide which one I like better. What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by today. You might like some of these ideas, too. (Images below are linked.)