I'm in trouble. I made a batch of salted caramel popcorn, and no one is home to help me eat it! Help! I don't think it's going to make it until my kids get home. No joke!
Because you have to try this popcorn, I'm sharing the recipe today. You can thank me later. Keep reading for the full details necessary to create this salted caramel popcorn deliciousness?
Amazing Salted Caramel Popcorn
Who's ready for the best snack ever? Because my mom made the best caramel popcorn ever growing up, I consider myself somewhat of an expert popcorn taster. Her recipe was always the best, and I'm going to tell you her secret: After smothering the popcorn with gooey caramelly goodness, bake it in the oven to give it some crispiness. As a result, your teeth won't stick together when you eat this caramel corn. It's sweet, crunchy, and delicious.
Ready to get started? It's a lot easier than you think, and it only takes a few ingredients.
Salted Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- 2 cubes of butter (1 cup)
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- ½ cup of light corn syrup
- popped popcorn (pop about 1 cup of kernels)
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250°.
- Pop the popcorn and remove as many unpopped kernels as possible. I prefer to use an air popper. This recipe makes quite a bit of caramel, so you'll need to pop about 1 cup of kernels. (You could cut the recipe in half, but I know you're going to want a ton of caramel popcorn!) You can adjust the popcorn-to-caramel ratio to your taste. The more popcorn you pop, the less caramelly your popcorn will turn out. Put the popped popcorn in a large bowl.
Removing the unpopped kernels from the popped corn is such a pain! I figured out a trick to make it simple, so I created a little tutorial for you. Check out my popcorn life hack below.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until well blended. Bring to a boil. Boil while stirring constantly for 2 minutes. (Use your judgment on the temperature. I cook mine on medium-high to high heat because I am impatient, but I watch and stir constantly.)
- Pour the caramel over the popped corn. Sprinkle the popcorn liberally with sea salt and stir in the caramel.
- Spread the popcorn in a single layer onto two cookie sheets, and sprinkle it again with sea salt.
- Bake the caramel popcorn in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring the popcorn once in the middle of baking. (Add more sea salt at that time, if you wish.)
- Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!
Entertaining? (Grab some cute popcorn boxes on Amazon here. *I am an Amazon affiliate.)
It's amazing, right? You'll never eat caramel corn without baking it again!
More ideas you might like -- Images below are linked
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll stick around and check out more delicious holiday recipes. You won't want to miss the million-dollar fudge or the amazing caramel apple pops. The images below are linked to the recipes.
Click on the images below to visit the posts.