White chocolate popcorn is one of my favorite Christmas treats. The chocolate, salt and popcorn are such a yummy combination. Also, something about popcorn in a recipe makes me feel like I'm consuming fewer calories. Am I right? I decided to tackle making it myself this year, and I love the results! With festively colored white chocolate, this recipe is perfect for neighbor gifts, too.
Delicious White Chocolate Popcorn from Scratch
Here's what you need to create this tasty treat:
- Candy melts (I used red and green, but you can make this with any color)
- Sea Salt
- Pop your desired amount of popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels. (I use an air popper for fewer calories, but you can also cook the popcorn on the stove.)
- Spread the popcorn in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and sprinkle it lightly with sea salt.
- Place 12-15 candy melts of one color in a small ziplock bag. Microwave the chocolate 30 seconds at a time on defrost or low power until the chocolate is mostly melted. Carefully knead the chocolate inside the bag to finish the melting process. (Don't burn your fingers!)
- Snip off one of the bottom corners of the bag. (The smaller the snip, the narrower your stream of chocolate will be.) Gently squeeze the chocolate from the bag and coat the popcorn in swirls. (I start in one corner and work across the cookie sheet.)
- Pause periodically to sprinkle sea salt onto the wet chocolate. Once the chocolate dries, the salt will have nothing to stick to.
- Repeat the process with a second color of chocolate and more salt. (I start in a different corner and work across the cookie sheet again to create a crisscross pattern.) The salt accents the sweet taste, so don't skip it!
Visit my Frosted Rice Krispie Treats recipe post for more detailed directions and pictures for melting and squirting the chocolate.
The second time I made this recipe, I used much more chocolate and put my swirls closer together than in the picture above. The more chocolate the better!
- Transfer your cookie sheet to the fridge or freezer to harden the chocolate.
- Remove the popcorn from the fridge or freezer, and gently break up the popcorn. Serve immediately, or transfer it to clear gift bags to share with your friends, family and neighbors.
That's it. Chocolate-y deliciousness! Enjoy.
Thanks for stopping by today. While you're here, please check out more amazing holiday recipes.
The images below are linked to posts, so click on them to pay a visit.
Popcorn with sea salt is my favorite kind, it just tastes so much better. Add candy drizzle and I bet it's even better.
Me, too, Sabrina. The sweet and salty together is such a great combination.
Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh
I love taking everyday munchies and turning them into holiday munchies! The sweet and salty is a great combo!
I love sweet and salty, too, Joanna. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Those look fantastic! We love freshly popped popcorn, and the combination of sweet and salty is one of my favorite things
Thanks, Rebecca. It's definitely a tasty treat. Thanks for stopping by.
Ana De- Jesus
I love white chocolate so how have I never tried white chocolate popcorn before it sounds incredible! Plus you used sea salt which is my favourite and I love how beautifully presented it is as well!
Thanks, Ana. You definitely need to try this! It's so yummy!
Oh yes, this looks fabulous. I love popcorn like this. And it's pretty too.
Thanks, Amber. I'll admit, I've been craving this ever since I posted it!
I'm a huge popcorn fan! I have an industrial-size popcorn machine in the TV room of our home. It's so fun to put fabulous, festive spins on popcorn for the holidays. :-)
Your giant popcorn machine sounds like so much fun. I bet your family loves it.
Lovely post. The popcorn looks good, and the hint of red and green adds great holiday vibe.
Thanks so much. It tastes as good as it looks!
I'm not particularly crazy about white chocolate, so I have white chocolate chips to use up. This sounds like a great combination with popcorn and the salt and totally something I would enjoy!
I don't love white chocolate plain, either. With sea salt and popcorn, it's yummy, though!
I love how you added sea salt into this and I totally think it makes the recipe. This seems like the perfect treat to watch Christmas movies with. getting into the spirit.
Thanks, Andrea. Many people don't realize it, but salt really makes makes sweet things taste sweeter! I tried it without the salt, and it was super bland. Add the sea salt, and it's delicious!
I love this recipe. I can't wait to try this!
Thanks, Angela. It's so yummy. I hope you like it.
This looks so delicious. I want to make this for the up coming Holiday season. Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome, Ophelia. I hope you love it!
This seems to be a must try recipe. I will definitely try it these holidays. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Thanks, Anchal. I hope you love it. Happy holidays!
Holy YUM! I love spicing up my popcorn with different spices or candy, but pouring white chocolate over it sounds like such a treat (especially for the holidays)
Thanks, Sondra. It is definitely delicious. The craziest thing I put on my popcorn is chili powder. My kids think I'm nuts! Have you tried it?
The popcorn looks mouth watering yummy and the white chocolate what a great combination nice post
Thanks, Sravnya. The chocolate and sea salt definitely give the popcorn that extra something special!
This seasalt popcorn looks so tasty! I would like to try this with my family. Very good for Christmas!
Thanks, Emman. I hope you and your family love the popcorn. Happy holidays!
I so love popcorn and looking at this pics are really making me salivate now. i think i have to be more adventurous with my popcorn as normally i normally eat it without any add ons. maybe i should try your style.
You should try it, Dire. It's super yummy. The craziest thing I've ever put on popcorn is chili powder, but I think you should start with chocolate!
These look so delicious! I wonder if i can try to veganize this recipe for the holidays. My mouth is watering.
Thanks, curlyhairvegan. I hope you can figure it out. Chocolate popcorn is so yummy!
What scrumptious holiday popcorn! My husband had a work party and this was the perfect treat for the occasion. This recipe's a keeper!
Nice article. White chocolate popcorn recipe indeed.
I really enjoyed reading through it. Great pictures too.
Your white Chocolate Popcorn recipe was really cool. Definitely gonna try it out.. Thanks for sharing creative mommy
Delicious Cake Recipies
Question arises about the strawberry cake that you make without the help of a commercial oven. How can someone try this at home when she is not professional in desert foods.