When it comes to making cute projects with your kids, are you a bit craft challenged? Even though I don’t agree with her, my sister has given herself the title of “Not Crafty Queen.” Despite the title, she still volunteers to do projects with her kids’ classes at school. When I saw her easy Valentine Craft for kids, I knew my crafty and non-crafty readers would love it! I think my sister should give up her title, don’t you?
Easy Valentine Craft for Kids
This craft is perfect to make for a Valentine Class party, and it takes almost no advanced prep. Here’s what you need to get started.
- A pad of heart-shaped paper (This scalloped heart paper was purchased at Joann’s, but I bet you can find similar packs at the Dollar Store, Target, Walmart, or Michaels.)
- Foam heart shapes
- Googly eyes
- Colored paper strips (Red, pink, white, or Valentine colors of your choice)
Each child will need 1 heart-shaped piece of paper, two googly eyes, 9 heart shapes (2 eyes, two hands, two feet, two mouth, one nose), and four paper strips.
- Using hearts, googly eyes and glue, create a face on the heart paper. (If you purchased sticky backed foam hearts and googly eyes, you won’t need glue for this part.)
- Fold each strip of paper back and forth (accordion style), and glue a heart to the end of each strip. These are the hands and feet.
- Glue the strips to the large heart to create arms and legs.
That’s it! Just like I promised. Easiest craft ever! Isn’t this perfect for a class Valentine’s Day party? I can see this easy Valentine craft working really well in preschool, Kindergarten and first through third grade. (The third graders would be done super quickly, though!)
Whether you choose to make this project at home or at school, I hope you and your kiddos have a great time! A special thanks to my sister for sharing the idea.
Thanks for stopping by today. Don’t forget to check out my Valentine Pinterest boards.