How cute are these big-eyed monsters? This idea was inspired by the boys in my carpool. A few years ago, I picked them up for school on Valentine's Day, and they jumped in the car with the ultimate "boy" versions of this idea. (Think bolder with a lot more teeth.) I'm always looking for cute Valentine box ideas, and I was hooked. I knew we had to try it the next year, and I'm so glad we did!
Monster Valentine Box Idea
I bet you have everything you need for these adorable critters.
- Empty tissue boxes
- Duck tape
- Pipe cleaners (chenille stems)
- Card stock (black and white)
- Free eyeball printable or Silhouette cutting file (see download button toward the end of the post)
- Remove the plastic from the hole in the top of the tissue box, and cover the outside of the box with your favorite colored duck tape.
- Print the eyeballs and cut them out. Cut slightly larger circles out of black card stock.
- If desired, add teeth to the "mouths" by cutting triangles from white card stock and taping them to the inside of the box.
- Poke holes in the box and insert the "eye stalks" (pipe cleaners). Bend the end inside the box to keep it from falling out. Tape the end inside the box to secure it.
- Place the other end of each pipe cleaner between a paper eyeball and a black circle, and glue the two pieces together. Bend the stems until you have the eyes just where you want them.
I love the teeth because I think it's fun for the kids to reach through the teeth to insert the Valentines. This one makes me laugh because it has no teeth. It reminds me of a three-eyed snail! I guess even monsters that have to gum their food can be adorable, too!
Click the download button below to get your free printables.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Be sure to check out all of my free printables for Valentine's day. You can visit a few by clicking on the images below, or see them all here.