I'm so excited to share this quick and easy recipe for Chicken Fajita Soup.
Do you ever have those days when you have no idea what to fix for dinner, and you find yourself browsing through pinterest--hoping to find something that sounds good? I do that a lot, but I rarely have time to prepare the elaborate recipes. By happy accident, I stumbled on a recipe for Chicken Fajita Soup. The recipe was too time consuming for my immediate need, but I decided to try it anyway--and alter it for what I had on hand. I am so glad I did. This is my new favorite soup, and it is sooo easy and quick.
Want to make some? If you have the ingredients on hand, you can have dinner on the table in fifteen minutes!
Busy Day Chicken Fajita Soup
- 1 ½ c Sweet Peppers (Any combination—red, yellow, orange, green--I left out the green)
- 1 Onion
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Canned chicken with liquid (I use chicken I bottled myself in pint-size jars. For store bought, you could use one or two cans--depending on how chunky you want your soup.)
- 1 can Corn
- 4 c water + 3 ½ teaspoon Better than Bouillon (or 3 bouillon cubes)
- 2 ½ t Cumin
- 2 ½ t Chili Powder
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 1 t Dried Cilantro or 1 T Fresh Cilantro
Directions: Saute onions and peppers in oil. Combine water, shredded chicken, spices, peppers and onions in soup pot and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Serve.
Garnish with cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro and tortilla chips. (I bet fresh lime juice would be yummy, too!)
The original recipe from The Gracious Pantry has been removed. Sorry I can't link you there.
Try some of these yummy recipes, too. Click on the images below to visit the posts.