One of my favorite holiday treats is Rolo Pretzel Turtles. Have you ever had them? Think of them as inexpensive versions of the chocolate turtles you can get at Christmastime. Yum! I love to give them as neighbor gifts. Well, guess what? They are perfect for Halloween, too!
Grab some Bats & Jacks Pretzels, Pecans (or Walnuts), and Rolo candies, and you are ready to go!
- Bats & Jacks Pretzels (made by Utz)
- Rolo Candies
- Pecan or Walnut Halves
(Each treat uses one pretzel, one Rolo and one pecan half.)
- Heat oven to 300°F, and arrange the pretzels on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. (I have put the treats directly onto the cookie sheet before. It still worked, but I lost a few pretzels that broke when I tried to remove them. Skip the waxed paper at your own risk!)
- Top each pretzel with one Rolo candy, and put them in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes. It really depends on your oven how long it will take. Just watch them. Once the chocolate gets shiny, that means it's time to remove the treats from the oven. (The candies need to soften--not melt.)
- Immediately press a pecan half onto each Rolo. (You want to squish the Rolo into the holes of the pretzel.)
- Cool completely and serve! (I serve the Halloween version with a few plain pretzels so that the bats and jacks are visible.)
Don't forget to save a few for the rest of the family! I could eat ten in one sitting! (That might explain why my waistband feels a little tight!)
You might enjoy these treats, too! (Images are linked.)
Click here to see all the fantastic sites I like to link up with each week.