I'm in love with foaming hand soap. It's so much more fun than the regular stuff, and the kids actually enjoy washing their hands. Unfortunately, they love it so much that they go through the stuff like crazy! It's no secret that foaming hand soap costs more, but did you know that you can make your own for only a fraction of the cost? It's super easy!
How to Make Foaming Hand Soap
DIY foaming hand soap is simple to make, but you will need a special pump. That means that you will have to bite the bullet and buy the first bottle. Don't worry, though. You'll quickly make up the price difference. Once your store bought soap is all gone, here's how to make more.
- 1 empty foaming hand soap dispenser
- Clear Hand Soap (any brand)
The directions for DIY foaming hand soap are as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Fill your empty dispenser ⅓ of the way full with clear liquid soap. (Good luck figuring out ⅓ of a uniquely shaped dispenser. I just guess. It doesn't have to be exact.)
- Fill the remaining ⅔ with water.
- Replace the pump, and gently flip the bottle from side to side. (Don't shake it. You just want to stir it up without creating bubbles.)
That's it! Why pay for special soap? It's probably just diluted hand soap anyway!
Want more tips? Check out some of these. (The images below are linked. Click on the image to visit the post.)