Are your kids' Christmas stockings overflowing with too much candy every year because Santa is trying to give them a bag of each of their favorites? Ease up with these adorable Christmas Crackers stocking stuffers.
Do you help Santa fill the Christmas stockings? I do, and my kids know I Santa's helper. Santa and I like my kids to get their favorite candy in their stockings, but we don't think that they each need an entire bag of each one of their favorite candies. We solve that problem and make the stockings look cute and full with these adorable Christmas Crackers! (I love how they stick out of the top of the stocking and make it look like it's overflowing.)
Santa or I fill up the crackers with a mix of all the kids' candy favorites. (Money saving tip -- Halloween candy typically goes on sale for half off right after Halloween. I have yet to meet a child who cares what color the packaging is on his or her chocolate!)
Want to learn how to make them? Here we go!
Easy Christmas Crackers
- Empty toilet paper tubes, paper towel rolls or short wrapping paper tubes
- Wrapping paper
- Candy and/or small toys
- Cover one side of an empty tube with wrapping paper. (I like the long tubes because they stick out of the top of the stocking.)
- Fill the tube with candy and/or small toys.
- *Optional -- Cover the top of the tube with paper.
- Wrap the tube with wrapping paper, leaving plenty of extra paper at the ends.
- Carefully tie off the ends with ribbon.
- Add the crackers to the Christmas stockings or share as gifts.
Seriously, it doesn't get much easier. For me, this really solves a couple of problems.
- It keeps the stockings looking full without the need to stuff them with tons and tons of junk.
- Each cracker can be personalized with allergy friendly candy or favorites for each person.
Traditionally, crackers are shared between two people. Each person grabs an end of the cracker and pulls. Whoever gets the bigger piece gets to keep what's inside. We don't do the traditional method, but you can if you'd like!
Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to check out some of these fun ideas while you are here. Click on the images below to visit the posts.