Need something new to do with asparagus? Roasted asparagus with garlic and balsamic vinegar is the perfect blend of sweet and tangy. Even my kiddos love it! (They love veggies–but they’re not always up to new flavors. This one was a hit!)
Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar
RELATED: 60+ Gluten Free Thanksgiving Recipes
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Unless your asparagus spears are young and tender, snap off tough ends of asparagus. (Find out how here.)
- Lay spears on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. (I don’t measure. I just drizzle it on.) Add the salt, garlic, and pepper, and use a spatula or spoon to mix. (I have been know to use clean hands instead of a spoon!)
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, turning once. (I typically forget to turn them. It’s never been a problem. They still turn out yummy!)
I can’t wait to share the main dish that I serve with the asparagus. It’s planned as a guest post on another site. I’ll let you know when it’s ready! (Soooo yummy!) Want to see it? I like it even better than the non-gluten free version I’ve been eating my whole life!
(This recipe has now been posted. You can find it here.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please check out some of my other recipes while you’re here. Images below are linked.
Click here to see all the fantastic sites I like to link up with each week.