Who’s ready for some some yummy pizza with a zero carb crust? Cauliflower crust pizza is so yummy that you’ll never miss the carbs.
Because I was on the South Beach diet (until I was completely done-in by a bag of candy corns) and trying to cook gluten-free, I decided it was definitely a good time to try out cauliflower crust pizza!
- 1/2 LARGE head cauliflower (or 2+ cups shredded cauliflower–I used frozen, and it worked just fine)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 2 T Ricotta cheese
- Pizza or Spaghetti Sauce (Remember that if you are going for low carb, sugar in the sauce will add carbs.) (If you are cooking gluten-free, don’t forget to check for gluten in the sauce! From what I’ve found, Hunts original (not the one with meat) canned spaghetti sauce is GF.)
- Cooked or fresh Swiss chard (Yep. I said Swiss chard. I discovered that it tastes just like spinach when put on pizza.)
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Using a cheese grater, shred the cauliflower into rice-size pieces. (You’ll need about 2 cups). Microwave the cauliflower “rice” for 8 minutes (don’t add any water), and allow it to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and lightly grease 9″ to 12″ round pizza pan.
- Mix the cauliflower rice with the remaining crust ingredients and pat the crust into the pan–using your fingers to flatten and spread it out.
- Spray the crust lightly with nonstick spray and bake it for 15 minutes (or until the cauliflower looks golden).
- Remove the crust from the oven and add your toppings. Place the pizza under your broiler until the cheese melts and gets bubbly.
- You’re done . . . now enjoy it! So yummy!
Want more gluten-free recipes and ideas?
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check out more great gluten free recipes by clicking on the images below.
The images below are linked to posts, so click on them!