Who’s ready for some some yummy pizza with a zero carb crust?
Because I was on the South Beach diet (until I was completely done-in by a bag of candy corns) and trying to cook gluten-free, I decided it was definitely a good time to try out cauliflower crust pizza!
- 1/2 LARGE head cauliflower (or 2+ cups shredded cauliflower–I used frozen, and it worked just fine)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 2 T Ricotta cheese
- Pizza or Spaghetti Sauce (Remember that if you are going for low carb, sugar in the sauce will add carbs.) (If you are cooking gluten-free, don’t forget to check for gluten in the sauce! From what I’ve found, Hunts original (not the one with meat) canned spaghetti sauce is GF.)
- Cooked or fresh Swiss chard (Yep. I said Swiss chard. I discovered that it tastes just like spinach when put on pizza.)
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Using a cheese grater, shred the cauliflower into rice-size pieces. (You’ll need about 2 cups). Microwave the cauliflower “rice” for 8 minutes (don’t add any water), and allow it to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and lightly grease 9″ to 12″ round pizza pan.
- Mix the cauliflower rice with the remaining crust ingredients and pat the crust into the pan–using your fingers to flatten and spread it out.
- Spray the crust lightly with nonstick spray and bake it for 15 minutes (or until the cauliflower looks golden).
- Remove the crust from the oven and add your toppings. Place the pizza under your broiler until the cheese melts and gets bubbly.
- You’re done . . . now enjoy it! So yummy!
Gluten Free Monday Link Up
Now it’s your turn. What have you been cooking Gluten-Free this week? Do you have a good GF success story? Did you have a GF breakdown in the middle of the grocery store? Tell us all about it. This is a gluten-free community page. Share what you need help with or what others can do to help you. We can all relate!
Pumpkin Scones from the Conscious Eatery
Harvest Spice Cake with Pineapple Filling from Nom Yum & Free
Crispy Delicata Squash Fries from Simply Living Healthy
Is anyone besides me suddenly very hungry? I can’t wait to try these recipes and to see what you link up! Link away!
Want more gluten-free recipes and ideas?
Subscribe to my Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Kids, and Gluten-Free Helps boards on Pinterest.
*Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that recipes linked up to this party are gluten free. You are responsible for checking out the ingredients and deciding for yourself.
Click here to see all the fantastic sites I like to link up with each week.