Welcome to Gluten Free Monday and
Day 11 of the 12 Days of Christmas!
Today, I'm excited to introduce Rachael, from Determined Darling. Rachael always has great gluten-free recipes to share, and I'm so happy to have her here on OneCreativeMommy.com!
I’m Rachael from Determined Darling, saving the earth one veggie at a time! I strive to live a life that is healthy, green, and fun! Most of the time you’ll find me in my kitchen cooking yummy gluten-free, vegan recipes with fresh, organic, local ingredients. If I’m not there then you’ll find me outside running, in my garden, thrifting, or curled up on my couch with my pup and Mr. Darling. I am determined to prove that cooking fresh, vegan, gluten-free food can be fun, delicious and good for the earth!
I am so grateful to be part of OneCreativeMommy.com's 12 Days of Christmas along with all the other darling bloggers that have joined this fun event. I am extra excited to be part of Gluten Free Monday one of my favorite link parties! Today I am sharing my Christmas Vegan Scramble.
One of my favorite things about Christmas is having Christmas breakfast with my Dad. It’s a tradition I still cherish today. This year I thought I would whip up a yummy vegan tofu scramble.
Perfectly seasoned tofu with lots of veggies makes the perfect Christmas breakfast and gives you energy for a long Christmas day.
Vegan Christmas Scramble
- 1 14.5 oz package firm tofu drained, pressed, and crumbled
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large green pepper diced
- 1 large bunch kale chopped1.5 cups peas
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes (This is easy to do at home. I’ll be posting how on DD next week.)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (this is not active yeast. You can find it in the natural baking isle of most large super markets, it has a cheesy flavor)
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- After pressing and draining tofu, crumble it into a small bowl
- Add the nutritional yeast, turmeric, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon Bragg
- Stir until tofu is coated with spice mixture. Set aside.
- Sauté onion in olive oil until golden (about 5 minutes)
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute)
- Add pepper and kale and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes)
- Add peas and tomatoes cook until hot
- Add 1-2 tbsp of Bragg and combine
- Turn heat to low and add tofu cook until hot and most of the liquid is gone
- Enjoy! (I sprinkled some homemade home fries around the scramble to make Christmas breakfast extra special.)
Ready for Gluten Free Monday? Before you link up, here's the latest download of Don't Eat Pete and the giveaway link.
It's giveaway time!
Sorry. This download has expired.
If you haven't downloaded my Don't Eat Pete pages, please hurry!
The download links will disappear after Christmas!
If you already entered, there are seven more chances for you to win today!