Welcome to day three of Luck of the Irish Week!
Looking for fun green dessert ideas for St. Patrick's Day? Me, too. But I want something a little different for my own dessert. Sure, I'll make something green and sugary for the rest of the family, but I want something a little lighter.
Yesterday I shared some really yummy-looking Treats for St. Patrick's Day, but the truth is, I'm trying to get healthy, and none of those are on my diet! So, while the kids and the hubby enjoy a sugary treat, I'll be enjoying Mock Lime Cheesecake instead!
Years ago, when I was on the South Beach Diet, I got really tired of eating ricotta creme for dessert. (If you've ever tried the diet, you probably felt the same way!) Luckily, I discovered this yummy alternative. I eat it for snacks or dessert. It's kind of addicting!
The best part? It's super easy!
Mock Lime Cheesecake--Sugar Free and Low Carb
- 1 Box Sugar Free Lime Jello (You can use any flavor, but I like lime the best.)
- 1 C Boiling Hot Water
- 1/2 C Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 C Cottage Cheese
- Chopped Pecans for garnish and crunch! (Almonds or walnuts are good, too.)
I always double the batch so that I can use it for snacks. The pictures are of a double batch.
- In a high-powered blender (I like the Blendtec), add hot water, jello, and both cheeses. (Any combination of the two cheeses will work. Use whatever you have, but make sure it adds up to 1 cup.)
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour immediately into individual dessert dishes. (I use recycled plastic baby food containers. They're the perfect size for a snack.)
- Chill until set.
- When you are ready to serve, top with chopped pecans or nuts of your choice. (The nuts give it some crunch and make it feel like you have some type of crust.)
A double batch makes 12 servings. That's a lot of snacks and desserts that can be grabbed quickly! (Is it just me, or is junk food always the quickest?) Instead of reaching for a bag of chips, grab this from the fridge instead!
I hope you are enjoying Luck of the Irish week from me and seven of my favorite bloggers! Here's what the rest of the group is up to today. Be sure to stop by and say, "Hello!"
Lucky Sugar Cookies from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Shamrock Chicken Pesto Pizza from Clarks Condensed
Luck of the Irish from Organized Island
Shepherds Pie by From Gate to Plate
St. Patrick's Day Float from The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen
Need some more ideas? Please stick around and browse!
I've been known to link up at these parties.