Sometimes I get frustrated when I find gluten-free recipes. Many are so "unique" that I know right away that they won't fit my family. Today, I want to show you that gluten free does not have to mean fancy ingredients you have never heard of! Here's a Halloween party treat idea that is easily gluten-free: SPOOKY SHAKES OR ICE CREAM SUNDAES. (Okay--maybe if you live in super cold winter state, ice cream and shakes are weird at this time of the year! I live in the desert, so ice cream is still perfectly normal here.)
If you don't eat gluten-free, please keep reading. These treats are fun for any diet (except the weight-loss kind--sorry!).
These Halloween treats are so easy! Here you go:
- Pick your ingredients/toppings
- Make some creepy labels
- For shakes--take orders (of course the guests have to call their mix-ins by the appropriate creepy name!)
- For sundaes--scoop the ice cream and let your guests add their own creepiness.
Easy, fun spooky treats!
Now for some mix-in ideas:
Here are a few more:
- Chopped Peanuts--Phoenix Giblets
- Hershey's Chocolate Syrup--Werewolf Blood
- Hershey's Strawberry Syrup--Vampire Guts
- Hershey's Caramel Syrup--Mashed Brain (As far as I can tell, Hershey's Syrups are gluten free, but if in doubt, please double check.)
- Oreo Cookies (Use Glutinto Gluten-Free Oreos for GF )--Zombie Vertebrae
- Candy Corn--Witches Teeth
You get the idea. The possibilities for these Halloween treats are endless. They'd be great for a Harry Potter Party, too!
Gluten Free Monday #4 Featured Link
Now it's your turn. Link up your gluten-free recipes/posts/ideas.
Congrats to Gluten-Free Cat. Her Chocolate Almond Milk was the most-clicked link from Gluten-Free Monday #4.
Click here to see all the fantastic sites I like to link up with each week.
This post was featured here: