Ready for some more Minion party ideas? Whether you’re having a birthday party or need a summer cool down, the kids are going to love this water balloon fight–Minion style.
We ended our Minion party with a splash as purple Minions battled Yellow minions. The game is easy and fun, and the kids get to cool down and have a blast! Ready to play?
The Battle of the Minions Water Balloon Fight
- Purple and yellow water balloons (Walmart sells these two colors together in the same package for just a few dollars. Now isn’t that convenient? I was so excited that I didn’t have to pick through colors to find the ones I needed.)
- Two large buckets or hampers to hold balloons
- Long jump rope or length of rope
How to Play:
- Fill up your water balloons — you’ll need tons — and put them into hampers. Yellow for one team and purple for the other.
- Divide your playing area in half with a jump rope or some other type of rope.
- The object of the game is to get all players on the same team. If you get hit with a purple balloon, you have been turned into a purple Minion, and you must join the purple team. If you are hit with a yellow balloon, you have been turned into a yellow Minion, and you must join the yellow team. If you catch a balloon that was thrown at you without it popping, the player who threw the balloon must join your team.
- The fun begins when you say, “Go,” and ends when all players have been turned into the same color Minion.
The purple Minions won our battle. The birthday girl was left as the lone yellow Minion, and she didn’t stand a chance! The girls had so much fun!
I’m not positive which of our water fights was more fun — this one, or the battle during our Spy Training course at Lu’s party. I think this one is the winner!
Thanks for stopping by today. Check out more party ideas by clicking on the images below.